Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Fourth of July



This year's Independence Day holiday has a new importance with the upcoming games. I feel so proud and fortunate to be able to represent the Red, White, and Blue in Beijing. The 4th of July also took on a new meaning when I realized that I leave for the Olympics on August 4, only one month away! I have no doubt that this month will fly by.

In the meantime, it was really nice to be able to spend some time with good friends this weekend as we had a short break from organized training (at this point there are no real breaks!). I spent Friday evening at a laid back BBQ and Scrabble tournament celebrating the 4th. Saturday night I was out and about with my sister and friends in celebration of her upcoming wedding. And finally, I dedicated Sunday to spending time with Erick at a delicious breakfast and relaxing day. It was nice to be a "normal" person for a couple days--I have a feeling this is going to be the last weekend like this for a while! Tomorrow I'll be back at the pool as usual, but with more energy and a greater sense of urgency about the date: 32 days until Opening Ceremonies!

2 comments:

Tom said...

Janet,
I hope all your hard work and dedication is rewarded in Beijing! I think it's great that (at least based on the few US team routines I've seen) you are the "top" in so many lifts, because you have the most beautiful toepoint I've ever seen in synchro (or anywhere else for that matter) and it definitely deserves to be showcased.
Best of luck and take care!
Tom

eyeby said...

i really prefer your blog,and hope you get better result in beijing olympic.
i am an editor from Beijing 2008 Olympic Games Official Newspaper.would you mind of publishing your blog in our daily?i am looking forward to your authorization.

thanks
sincerely

Yan bingwen

Ways to Contact me

MSN:rock_in_sky@hotmail.com