Thursday, July 3, 2008

What an Experience

I can't even express how amazing it was to perform for the 13-15 Age Group Championships on Tuesday. What a fantastic crowd!!! I couldn't believe it! I think the pinnacle came when we got a standing ovation at the end of our third lap--we hadn't even finished swimming our routine through! I, along with all my teammates, feel so loved and supported and excited for the big event, and we're so proud of what we've accomplished so far.

I also had a wonderful time talking with the athletes, coaches, and families at the meet. I loved catching up with athletes I've coached and coaches that have worked with me in the past, and I was thrilled to meet so many synchro fans. It was humbling to think that all of us on the team had been in the athlete's shoes just a decade (or so) ago. Just looking back at my own career, I went from barley qualifying for the Age Group competition my first year, then being excited about making finals, then being excited about medaling, then finally, by last year in Age Groups, winning gold! Congratulations to all for a job well done!

No comments: