Monday, August 18, 2008

First competition day!

I just got back from the pool where our duet swam very well and placed 5th. Their spin and heron elements (for those synchro fans!!) were near flawless and the best we've seen all year! My team-mates and I are so proud of them as they are off to a great start for our team!

This morning we had practice at BNU again, which is so much better than having a crazy schedule of no music at the competition pool. Then we practiced for a short bit after the duet swam. Even though all of our attention is on the duet right now, we still have to keep our team routines sharp so they can jump back in on Thursday when their competition is over.

And the best news of the day, is that my parents, sister, and brother are due in today! I haven't been able to reach them yet, but I can't wait to see them tomorrow. They have tickets to the duet event, and so at the very least I'll be able to see them up in the stands! Erick arrives tomorrow as well, as do some of my friends. I can't tell you how excited I am that they are going to be here to watch me and my team compete. It really makes my swim that much more special! Plus we could use a few more American cheerers in the crowd. Thanks as always for your comments and emails...your support means more than I can even say in words!

3 comments:

breidenbachs said...

Hi Janet,

Congratulations on your outstanding accomplishment making the Olympics. We see you every day in the 9NEWS Olympics promos on TV. You are a natural on TV! Good luck in your upcoming events!

Dale, Kathy, Jeff, Kelli Breidenbach (Ft. Collins, CO)

bsbell said...

We've loved reading your blog these past few weeks. It's great that your whole family is there now. We are proud of you and your whole team. We'll be thinking about you this week!

Brian & Sue Bell

sbrown said...

HI Janet,
Your blog has brought the Olympic experience so much closer to home; we've enjoyed reading it. Wishing you and your team a fabulous swim - we'll be watching from Colorado and cheering you on!
Sandy, Camden, Kit and Alex Brown