Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My family is here!

The best part of today, well besides watching our amazing duet swim their free program, was seeing my husband, my family, and friends for the first time in Beijing. I am so happy they are here! It's crazy to go from seeing Erick and Jennie every day or nearly every day to not seeing them for almost 2 weeks. Just knowing they are here for me is a tremendous feeling!

I just finished showing my family around the village, which I think they really enjoyed. How often does a person actually get to be in an Olympic Village! It really drove home the fact that this is an amazing place. On my way back from the "international zone" where I dropped them off to head back to their hotel (or a soccer game for my parents and siblings!) I had a chance to really take in this experience and enjoy it. We've been moving so fast, going from pool to pool and practice to practice that tonight was really nice just to enjoy being here with the people I love--my family, friends and team-mates!!

4 comments:

Pelechati said...

Chief and HB together in Beijing.

Good luck Janet I'm rooting for you

Shannel L. said...

Janet,

A fellow member of Wellshire PC here, just wanting to let you know how proud we all are of you and how special the Olympics are this year knowing that you are there representing the USA. I've been following your blog and enjoying the anticipation of your performance. A sincere thank you for all your hard work and sacrifice! Go TEAM USA!

Shannel Lorance
Englewood CO

Malia Stephenson said...

Janet,
I talked to your sister and she told me when you are swimming so I can record it! I am so proud of you and glad your family made it there safe! Tell them I say hello. Good luck to you, I will be watching you!
Love Malia

David C said...

do i know you...? lol jk. too bad we didn't get to see the futbol match...